* Switzerland Adopts Several Maritime Conventions
Switzerland adopted four conventions developed by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) to enhance the protection of the marine environment.
Switzerland has adopted the next conventions:
– Annex VI of the MARPOL Convention
– the 2001 International Convention on Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage
– the 2004 International Convention for the Control and Management of Ships’ Ballast Water and Sediments
– and the 2011 International Convention on the Control of Harmful Anti-fouling Systems on Ships
* India & Mauritius Negotiate New DTA
India and Mauritius have completed a further round of negotiations towards a new Double Tax Agreement (DTA).
* Andorra Extends TIEA Network
Andorra approved the signature of new Tax Information Exchange Agreements (TIEA) with the Czech Republic and South Korea.
* WTO Statistics Database Updated
The World Trade Organization (WTO) updated its 2011 database on world merchandise trade.
Please check the Statistics Database here.
* New WTO Members: Russia and Vanuatu
On 22 August 2012, Russia becomes the 156th WTO member and Vanuatu will join the WTO on 24 August as its 157th member.