Posts Tagged politics
More Trade News in Brief – Week 15 (8 – 14 April 2013)
* WB – Sector Results Profile The World Bank published some examples of results of its programs in different sectors, please check bellow: Environment: Sector Results Profile Information and Communication Technologies: Results Profile Oceans: Sector Results Profile Climate Change: Sector Results Profile Water Resources Management: Sector Results Profile Water Supply and Sanitation: Sector Results Profile ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * BIS – Basel III Implementation The Bank for International Settlements on progress in adoption of the Basel III regulatory reforms Please check the press release and the report. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * China and Iceland Sign Free Trade Agreement China and Iceland signed a free trade agreement. Iceland is first in Europe to sign free trade pact with China. For further information please check here and here.
News from European Union
Posted by Bogdan Marius Beleuz in European Union Issues, European Union Regulation, Fiscality, Auditing & Accounting, Geopolitical Issues, More Trade News in Brief on April 13, 2013
* Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) The Parliamentary Assembly – Union for the Mediterranean relaunched its cooperation objectives in the fields of infrastructure, education and training. Read more here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Trade Defense Instruments The European Commission is studying to improve the trade defense operations through anti-dumping and anti-subsidy duties and expect that its proposals to become law next year. Cheek here for more.
——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* EU – Multinational Tax Info Exchange The EU’s six biggest members, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Poland have agreed to develop and pilot a major new multilateral tax information exchange program. Kindly follow the link.
More Trade News in Brief – Week 14 (1 – 7 April 2013)
Posted by Bogdan Marius Beleuz in Geopolitical Issues, Global Financial System, Globalization Challenges, More Trade News in Brief, Statistics, Reports & Analysis, Trade Agreements on April 6, 2013
* USTR – Reports on Barriers to Trade The Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) publishes various Reports on Barriers to Trade: Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT Report) Sanitary and Phytosanitary Barriers to Trade (SPS Report) 2013 National Trade Estimate Report on Foreign Trade Barriers ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * UN – Global Arms Trade Treaty Approved The United Nations General Assembly has approved a global arms trade treaty to regulate the international trade in conventional arms. Please find more about the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) following the link. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * OECD – Global Economy Outlook OECD published its latest Interim Economic Assessment. Check here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * US – West African States to Start TIFA Negotiations The United States is exploring a trade and investment framework agreement (TIFA) with the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). The ECOWAS member states are Sierra Leone, Senegal and Cape Verde. Read more about it here.
More Trade News in Brief – Week 11 (11 – 17 March 2013)
* EU-US Trade Talks to Start 12 March 2013, Brussels The European Commission agreed the draft mandate for the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership Agreement with the United States, the draft mandate will be sent to the Council for the Member States to approve. Read more here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Brazil Joins the UN CISG 5 March 2013, Vienna Brazil becomes the 79th State Party to the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). Further information on the CISG is available on the UNCITRAL website at www.uncitral.org. Check here too. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * The Use of Electronic Communications in International Contracts 1 March 2013, Vienna The United Nations Convention on the Use of Electronic Communications in International Contracts entered into force on 1 March 2013. Further information on the Convention is available on the UNCITRAL website at www.uncitral.org. Kindly follow the link for more.
More Trade News in Brief – Week 10 (4 – 10 March 2013)
* ICC – New Model International Sale Contract 4 March 2013, Paris The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) has released the updated Model International Sale Contract including an interactive digital version. The new model permits companies and lawyers to define their own reliable import-export agreements that are in line with Incoterms® 2010 and the latest developments in international trade. Visit the ICC Commercial Law and Practice Commission. Check here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * US Foreign Trade Policy The Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) released the ”2013 Trade Policy Agenda and 2012 Annual Report”. Please find the 2013 Agenda and 2012 Report here. Also, USTR published its 2013-2016 Strategic Plan. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * New Zealand and Chile Signed FTA New Zealand and Chile signed a free trade agreement (FTA). Check here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * UN Strength Sanctions on North Korea 7 March 2013 The United Nations Security Council tightened sanctions on the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK)’s trade and banking. Check the Press Release.
More Trade News in Brief – Week 50 (10 – 16 December 2012)
* Austria & Chile Signed DTA A bilateral double taxation agreement (DTA) has been signed between Austria and Chile. Kindly read more here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————– * Nordic Nations Extended Their Network of TIEAs The Nordic group of territories (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Greenland, and the Faroe Islands) has extended their network of TIEAs to 40 after signed a new tax cooperation agreement with Jamaica. More details following the link. ———————————————————————————————————————————————– * EU approved New FTAs 11 December 2012 The EU’s Parliament approved two landmark pacts trade with Colombia, Peru and six countries in Central America (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama). Please check here for further details. ———————————————————————————————————————————————– * EU-Russia Relations 13 December 2012 “EU-Russia relations are still suffering from Russia’s failure to embrace democratic values fully and strengthen the rule of law” state the Members of the European Parliament (MEPs). Kindly read more here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————– * UN Extends Sanctions on Liberia 12 December 2012 The UN Security Council extended the sanctions imposed on Liberia for another year. Follow the link for more information.
Mercosur to Discuss Incorporation of Bolivia and Ecuador
Posted by Bogdan Marius Beleuz in Geopolitical Issues, More Trade News in Brief, Trade Agreements on December 4, 2012
6-7 December, Brasilia
Mercosur summit (6-7 December) is scheduled to debate the incorporation of Ecuador and Bolivia to the regional block.Check for more here.