* Switzerland Adopts Several Maritime Conventions
Switzerland adopted four conventions developed by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) to enhance the protection of the marine environment.
Switzerland has adopted the next conventions:
– Annex VI of the MARPOL Convention
– the 2001 International Convention on Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage
– the 2004 International Convention for the Control and Management of Ships’ Ballast Water and Sediments
– and the 2011 International Convention on the Control of Harmful Anti-fouling Systems on Ships
* India & Mauritius Negotiate New DTA
India and Mauritius have completed a further round of negotiations towards a new Double Tax Agreement (DTA).
* Andorra Extends TIEA Network
Andorra approved the signature of new Tax Information Exchange Agreements (TIEA) with the Czech Republic and South Korea.
* WTO Statistics Database Updated
The World Trade Organization (WTO) updated its 2011 database on world merchandise trade.
Please check the Statistics Database here.
* New WTO Members: Russia and Vanuatu
On 22 August 2012, Russia becomes the 156th WTO member and Vanuatu will join the WTO on 24 August as its 157th member.
21 August 2012
The International Maritime Organisation (IMO) has announced that the minimum number of ratifications has being achieved to bring the International Labour Organisation’s Maritime Labour Convention (ILO’s MLC) into force in 12 months’ time.
For further information please follow the link.