Posts Tagged FTA
* Oxfam’s New Global Food Table Oxfam published an index which compares the way the food is produced and distributed around the world. European countries occupy the entire top 20 bar one – Australia ties in 8th place – while the US, Japan, New Zealand, Brazil and Canada all fall outside. African countries occupy the bottom 30 places in the table except for four – Laos, Bangladesh, Pakistan and India are there too. See more at Good Enough to Eat, Oxfam Media Briefing. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * South Korea & India Agree To Upgrade FTA, Revise DTA South Korea and India agreed to upgrade their comprehensive economic partnership agreement (CEPA) and put into effect the revised double taxation agreement (DTA) between the two countries as soon as possible. Check here for more.
* Taiwan & New Zealand Sign FTA Taiwan signed its first FTA with a developed economy, New Zealand. Check here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Connecting Europe Facility * EU – Single Resolution Mechanism (SRM) The European Commission proposed a Single Resolution Mechanism (SRM) for the Banking Union, which would complement the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM). Please follow the link for more.
* EU & Japan to Start FTA Talks 25 March 2013, Brussels European Union and Japan launched the negotiations for a Free Trade Agreement (FTA). Check here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Long-term Financing of the European Economy 25 March 2013, Brussels European Commission launches Green Paper on the long-term financing of the European economy. Find more information following the link. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * The EU’s Free Trade Agreements 25 March 2013, Brussels European Commission published an update review of its trade free trade talks. Check here.
* EU and Japan to Start Negotiation on FTA The EU and Japan are set to hold a summit within the month as a launch pad to talks that could lead to a major free trade deal. Follow the link for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * EU-Thailand FTA Negotiations to Start Soon The EU will start negotiations with Thailand on a free trade agreement soon. Check here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * EU-Morocco Talks on FTA Begin The EU and Morocco begin talks on free-trade agreement. Please follow the link.
* EFTA Approve the Updated EU ETS The EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) announced the adoption of the new guidelines European Union’s (EU) Emissions Trading System (EU ETS) – EU system to facilitate the taxation of carbon emissions. Check here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————– * ASEAN & India Extend Trade Agreement The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and India have concluded a free trade agreement to include trade in services and investments, to add to their exiting FTA on trade in goods. Find more here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————– * Barbados & San Marino Signed DTA A new tax treaty, double tax agreement (DTA) has been signed between Barbados y San Marino. Follow the link for more. ———————————————————————————————————————————————– * UNCTAD Acknowledges Admission of South Sudan as Forty-ninth LDC 18 December 2012 The United Nations General Assembly added South Sudan to the list of Least Developed Countries (LDCs). LDC status is granted to those economies that are deemed the most structurally disadvantaged and the most likely to experience difficulties in their efforts to come out of poverty.
29 November 2012, Brussels European Union governments authorized the start of talks with Japan on a free-trade agreement. Check here for more information.
* South Korea & Vietnam Started Negotiation on a FTA Authorities from South Korea and Vietnam officially launched negotiations for a bilateral Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Please click here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————–———– * Pakistan & Mercosur Look for a FTA The ambassadors from Pakistan and Mercosur expressed the desire of their countries to hold talks on a trade pact soon. More here.
* Free Online Tool for Trade and Market The International Trade Centre (ITC) has redeveloped its free online analysis tool Market Access Map. Market Access Map is an interactive analytical web tool informing about tariffs and non-tariff measures (NTMs) and other market access conditions. The tool is available at www.macmap.org. More here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————–———– * Mozambique Sign IMO Anti-piracy Code 6 July 2012 Mozambique is the 20th state to The Code of Conduct concerning the Repression of Piracy and Armed Robbery against Ships in the Western Indian Ocean and the Gulf of Aden (Djibouti Code of Conduct) developed by International Maritime Organization (IMO). More here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————–———– * CARICOM-Canada Revised FTA The Caribbean Community (CARICOM) and Canada express their desire to agree a revised free trade agreement to replace the actual CARIBCAN preferential trade programme until the end of the year. More here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————–———– * Japan & Liechtenstein Sign TIEA Japan & Liechtenstein sign bilateral Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA) in accordance with the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development’s (OECD) model convention.
———————————————————————————————————————————————–———–* Ghana Signs Tax Cooperation Agreement 10 July 2012 Ghana is the second African country, after South Africa, to sign the Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters, a multilateral agreement developed by the Council of Europe and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
4 June 2012, Brussels The Council of the European Union adopted a decision approving the signing of a tripartite free trade agreement (FTA) with Colombia and Peru.
31 May 2012, Brussels After Malaysia and Singapore, Vietnam is the third ASEAN’s country with which EU will negotiate a free trade agreement. More here.