Posts Tagged free trade agreement
* 11th UNCTAD-OECD Report on G20 Investment Measures The Report on G20 Investment Measures is a joint report issued periodically by UNCTAD, the OECD and the WTO. Download: – 11th UNCTAD-OECD Report on G20 Investment Measures – 11th UNCTAD-OECD-WTO Report on G20 Trade and Investment Measures (Joint Summary) ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Ecuador: National Green Export Review (NGER) Ecuador becomes first country to undergo innovative UNCTAD programme to assess ‘green export’ potential. Read more about it here. Quick Links: – National Green Export Review – UNCTAD’s Trade, Environment, Climate Change and Sustainable Development Branch ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * New Zealand Concludes FATCA IGA New Zealand and US have signed a Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act intergovernmental agreement which will facilitate information exchange under FATCA. Check here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Canada Confirms South Korean FTA Terms The Canadian Government has tabled the final text of its Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with South Korea. See more here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * ICC: Trade Register Report 2014 ICC published the Trade Register Report 2014. First launched in 2009 by ICC’s Banking Commission, the report is widely recognized as one of the world’s leading analytical reports on global risks for the trade finance industry—identifying risks across a range of trade finance products and markets. Check here for more.
* Indonesia and Pakistan Signed FTA The governments of Indonesia and Pakistan finally signed a FTA after 10 years of negotiation. Check here for details. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * South Korea and Vietnam to Accelerate Trade Negotions South Korea and Vietnam agreed to conclude a bilateral free trade agreement next year. Please find more here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Bahrain – Closer to ATA Carnet System Bahrain prepares to implement ATA Carnet System. For more information visit the ATA Carnet System.
The 18 countries of Greater Arab Free Trade Area (GAFTA) hope to unified their customs by 2015 in a full free trade agreement. The Greater Arab Free Trade Area (GAFTA) is a pan-Arab free trade area that came into existence in 1997. It was founded by 14 countries (Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, and the United Arab Emirates). Four more countries joined the trade area later: Algeria, Jordan, Palestine and Yemen. Please follow the link for more.
* WB – Sector Results Profile The World Bank published some examples of results of its programs in different sectors, please check bellow: Environment: Sector Results Profile Information and Communication Technologies: Results Profile Oceans: Sector Results Profile Climate Change: Sector Results Profile Water Resources Management: Sector Results Profile Water Supply and Sanitation: Sector Results Profile ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * BIS – Basel III Implementation The Bank for International Settlements on progress in adoption of the Basel III regulatory reforms Please check the press release and the report. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * China and Iceland Sign Free Trade Agreement China and Iceland signed a free trade agreement. Iceland is first in Europe to sign free trade pact with China. For further information please check here and here.
* EU & Japan to Start FTA Talks 25 March 2013, Brussels European Union and Japan launched the negotiations for a Free Trade Agreement (FTA). Check here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Long-term Financing of the European Economy 25 March 2013, Brussels European Commission launches Green Paper on the long-term financing of the European economy. Find more information following the link. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * The EU’s Free Trade Agreements 25 March 2013, Brussels European Commission published an update review of its trade free trade talks. Check here.
* EU and Japan to Start Negotiation on FTA The EU and Japan are set to hold a summit within the month as a launch pad to talks that could lead to a major free trade deal. Follow the link for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * EU-Thailand FTA Negotiations to Start Soon The EU will start negotiations with Thailand on a free trade agreement soon. Check here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * EU-Morocco Talks on FTA Begin The EU and Morocco begin talks on free-trade agreement. Please follow the link.
27 September 2021, Seoul After a third preliminary working-level consultation, South Korea, Japan and China will start to undertake their respective domestic procedures to determine whether to launch negotiations for a trilateral FTA or not. Kindly check here for more.
* South Korea & Vietnam Started Negotiation on a FTA Authorities from South Korea and Vietnam officially launched negotiations for a bilateral Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Please click here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————–———– * Pakistan & Mercosur Look for a FTA The ambassadors from Pakistan and Mercosur expressed the desire of their countries to hold talks on a trade pact soon. More here.
* Free Online Tool for Trade and Market The International Trade Centre (ITC) has redeveloped its free online analysis tool Market Access Map. Market Access Map is an interactive analytical web tool informing about tariffs and non-tariff measures (NTMs) and other market access conditions. The tool is available at www.macmap.org. More here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————–———– * Mozambique Sign IMO Anti-piracy Code 6 July 2012 Mozambique is the 20th state to The Code of Conduct concerning the Repression of Piracy and Armed Robbery against Ships in the Western Indian Ocean and the Gulf of Aden (Djibouti Code of Conduct) developed by International Maritime Organization (IMO). More here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————–———– * CARICOM-Canada Revised FTA The Caribbean Community (CARICOM) and Canada express their desire to agree a revised free trade agreement to replace the actual CARIBCAN preferential trade programme until the end of the year. More here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————–———– * Japan & Liechtenstein Sign TIEA Japan & Liechtenstein sign bilateral Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA) in accordance with the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development’s (OECD) model convention.
———————————————————————————————————————————————–———–* Ghana Signs Tax Cooperation Agreement 10 July 2012 Ghana is the second African country, after South Africa, to sign the Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters, a multilateral agreement developed by the Council of Europe and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).