* Liechtenstein & Germany – Tax Data Exchange
Liechtenstein and Germany are currently considering the idea of concluding a withholding tax agreement with an automatic exchange of tax information.
For more information please follow the link.
* New Rules in the EU Standardisation System
The European Union (EU) prepare a new regulation modernising the EU Standardisation system and will also be better plugged into the international standardisation system.
The new rules enter into force on 1 January 2013 and will apply directly in all member states.
Kindly check here.
* Equasis 2011 Annual Report published
“The world merchant fleet in 2011” has been published and is available for download.
Equasis is database containing safety-related information on the world’s merchant fleet from both public and private sources.
* New ISO standard for eco-efficiency assessment
13 September 2012
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) published a new standard describing the principles, requirements and guidelines for eco-efficiency assessment for product systems.
ISO 14045:2012, Environmental management – Eco-efficiency assessment of product systems – Principles, requirements and guidelines is available through the ISO Store.
* Singapore & Vietnam Sign DTA Protocol
12 September 2012
Singapore and Vietnam signed a protocol to amend the existing double taxation agreement (DTA) between the two countries.
For more, please check here.
ISO release a new compilation containing the entire ISO 14000 family of environmental management standards, plus a collection of publications related to sustainability development.
The CD Compilation, ISO standards for the green economy – Sustainable development, includes:
– 30 International Standards developed by ISO technical committee ISO/TC 207, Environmental management: ISO 14001, ISO 14064, ISO 14065 etc
– ISO 20121:2012, Event sustainability Management Systems – Requirements with guidance for use developed by ISO/PC 250 project committee, Sustainability in event management.