Posts Tagged education
More Trade News in Brief Week 49 (2 – 8 December 2013)
* Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2013 Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2013 has been published by Transparency International. Please check the press release here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Australia and South Korea Conclude Trade Talks Australia has concluded negotiations with South Korea for a free trade agreement. Please follow the link for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Yemen Accedes To WTO Yemen became a member of the World Trade Organization (WTO) on December 04, 2013. Click here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Asian Countries top OECD’s Latest PISA Survey Asian countries outperform the rest of the world in the OECD’s latest PISA survey. PISA survey evaluates the knowledge and skills of the world’s 15-year-olds Check here for details.
More Trade News in Brief – Week 22 (21-27 May 2012)
Posted by Bogdan Marius Beleuz in Agriculture & Food Security, Labour & Employment, More Trade News in Brief, Population & Human Rights, Statistics, Reports & Analysis on May 25, 2012
* OECD Launches New Version of Your Better Life Index 22 May 2012 The OECD released the second year pioneering Your Better Life Index – an online, interactive index that allows people to measure and compare their lives. The index permit to compare the well-being of your life based on 11 topics – housing, income, jobs, community, education, environment, governance, health, life satisfaction, safety and work-life balance. For more information on the Your Better Life Index:
- Create your Better Life Index: www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org
- Read more: OECD Better Life Initiative
——————————————————————————————————————————————————-* U.S. and EU Cut Aids U.S. cuts aid to Pakistan by $33 million as punitive move for the physician’s 33-year sentence for high treason. More details here. EU’s Parliament proposed new macro-financial assistance regulation which ensure that countries close to the EU (Balkans and the Eastern Neighbourhood), will be obliged to meet stricter conditions in order to receive aids from EU. Please read more here.
* New UN Website on Sustainable Development Projects
23 May 2012
The United Nations (UN) launched a new online database to strengthen partnerships between sustainable development projects in developing countries.
For further information kindly refer to UN’s webpage.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————-* Exporter Dynamics Database from World Bank The World Bank release the new Exporter Dynamics Database which offers exporter characteristics in 45 developed and developing countries. More here.
OECD Launches Skills Strategy in Education
Posted by Bogdan Marius Beleuz in Labour & Employment, Population & Human Rights on May 23, 2012
21 May 2012 OECD publishes the book “Better Skills, Better Jobs, Better Lives – A Strategic Approach to Skills Policies” about the complexity of skills policies. The global Skills Strategy will help countries to identify the characteristics their educational and training systems, and develop better policies with regard of skills abilities. According to the OECD Skills Strategy investment in education, skills and training now is the only way for strong and sustainable grow in the future. “Skills have become the global currency of the 21st century.” – Mr. Angel Gurría, Secretary-General of the OECD For further information check here. A free preview is available here.