Posts Tagged economy
More Trade News in Brief – Week 17 (22 – 28 April 2013)
* EU & Morocco to Start DCFTA Talks 22 April 2013, Brussels The EU and Morocco started the first round of negotiations for an EU-Morocco Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA). Check here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * IOSCO – Report on Technological Challenges to Market Surveillance 22 April 2013, Madrid (Spain) The Board of the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) published today a final report on Technological Challenges to Effective Market Surveillance: Issues and Regulatory Tools. Read the report here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * ISO’s 2012 Annual Report The ISO’s 2012 Annual Report examines the organization’s activities in the field of business and economy standards. Discover ISO’s Annual Report 2012 here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * New ISO for Financial Services ISO/ IEC published a new standard: ISO/IEC TR 27015:2012, Information technology – Security techniques – Information security management guidelines for financial services – guidance for organizations providing financial services. Read more here.
News from ICC
* Uniform Rules for Bank Payment Obligation The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) launched the Uniform Rules for Bank Payment Obligation (URBPO), a standard in supply chain finance. Please check here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Global Risks – Trade Finance 2013 The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) issued the Global Risks – Trade Finance 2013. The report provides reviews on the risks in trade finance from the global trade finance industry’s perspective. Check the press release. Download a copy of Global Risks – Trade Finance 2013.
More Trade News in Brief – Week 7 (11 – 17 February 2013)
Posted by Bogdan Marius Beleuz in Corporate Business & Management, E-commerce & Digital Markets, Financial & Investment Markets, Fiscality, Auditing & Accounting, Global Financial System, Global Tax Agreements, Globalization Challenges, More Trade News in Brief, Statistics, Reports & Analysis on February 16, 2013
* OECD – International Tax System The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) urges stronger international co-operation on corporate tax to avoid different treatment between multinationals and local smaller businesses. The study – Addressing Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) – reflects the tax system over the G-20 countries. Check here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * ICC-Ifo – World Economic Climate The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and Ifo Institute published the latest World Economic Survey (WES). For further details check here and here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * The Global Competitiveness Report 2012–2013 The World Economic Forum (WEF) released ”The Global Competitiveness Report 2012–2013”. Please check it here.
More Trade News in Brief – Week 6 (4 – 10 February 2013)
* WHO, WIPO, WTO – Medical Technologies and Innovation 5 February 2013 The World Health Organization (WHO), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and World Trade Organization (WTO) released the “Promoting Access to Medical Technologies and Innovation: Intersections between Public Health, Intellectual Property and Trade”. Find more about this study here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Turkey – Mauritius Signed FTA 7 February 2013 Turkey and Mauritius signed a free trade agreement (FTA). Check here. Read more about the Turkey’s FTA’s here.
Trade in Value-Added Initiative
Posted by Bogdan Marius Beleuz in Globalization Challenges, International Trading, More Trade News in Brief, Statistics, Reports & Analysis on January 18, 2013
16 January 2013 OECD and WTO developed a database of trade in value added indicators to analyze the value added by a country in the production of any good or service that is then exported. Please read more about this jointed initiative here and here.
Global Economic Outlook 2013
Posted by Bogdan Marius Beleuz in Banking System, Corporate Business & Management, Geopolitical Issues, Global Financial System, Globalization Challenges, More Trade News in Brief on January 10, 2013
* WB – International Debt Statistics 2013 World Bank (WB) released the International Debt Statistics 2013. Check for more here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————– * UN – Prospects for the World economy in 2013-2014 United Nations (UN) published the Prospects for the World Economy in 2013-2014. Find more here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————– * 2013 Index of Economic Freedom The Wall Street Journal and The Heritage Foundation, Washington’s preeminent think tank, issued the 2013 Index of Economic Freedom. Please follow the link.