Posts Tagged Climate and Clean Air Coalition
24 April 2012, Stockholm
The European Commission has joined the Climate and Clean Air Coalition and takes the number of partners to 13. Colombia, Japan, Nigeria, Norway announced their joining the Coalition along with the World Bank.
The meeting approved five actions that are to be implemented rapidly:
– Fast action on diesel emissions from heavy duty vehicles
– Upgrading old brick kilns (a significant source of black carbon emissions)
– Accelerating reduction of methane emissions from landfills
– Speeding up cuts in methane and other emissions from the oil and gas industry
– Accelerating the take-up of alternatives to HFCs (hydrofluorocarbon gases)
The Climate and Clean Air Coalition it was founded by Bangladesh, Canada, Ghana, Mexico, Sweden and the United States and the UN Environment Programme (UNEP).