Archive for category Trade Agreements
* EU-Turkey: Ready to Sign Readmission Agreement EU and Turkey will resume the accession negotiations after the opening of a new negotiating chapter last month. Check here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * EU Advances Trade Relationships with Moldova, Armenia and Georgia The EU has recently concluded negotiations for a Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA) with Moldova, Armenia and Georgia. Check here and here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * EU – Bilateral Trade and Investment Agreements Kindly find the latest news about the EU’s bilateral trade and investment agreements negotiations here.
* Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2013 Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2013 has been published by Transparency International. Please check the press release here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Australia and South Korea Conclude Trade Talks Australia has concluded negotiations with South Korea for a free trade agreement. Please follow the link for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Yemen Accedes To WTO Yemen became a member of the World Trade Organization (WTO) on December 04, 2013. Click here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Asian Countries top OECD’s Latest PISA Survey Asian countries outperform the rest of the world in the OECD’s latest PISA survey. PISA survey evaluates the knowledge and skills of the world’s 15-year-olds Check here for details.
* CIS Moves Forward In the last CIS Summit, leaders of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia called Georgia to rejoin the Commonwealth of Independent States. They also supported aspirations from Armenia and Kyrgyzstan to join and proposed allowing Turkey and possibly also Syria to join the Customs Union. Check here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Guernsey Sign Tax IGAs with UK Guernsey is the second country, after Jersey, which signed an inter-governmental agreement with UK. Follow the link for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Ukraine Joins Global Forum on Tax Transparency Ukraine has become a member of the Global Forum on Transparency and Exchange of Information for Tax Purposes created by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). Click here for details.
* Chile and Thailand – FTA Chile and Thailand have closed a free trade agreement which they will sign on October 4. Check for more here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * EU Concerns about Russian Pressure on Eastern Partnership Countries The European Parliament has adopted a resolution that deplores different types of pressure being exercised by Russia on the EU’s Eastern neighbours. See more following the link. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Guernsey Signed TIEAs with Switzerland and with Hungary Guernsey signed Tax Information Exchange Agreements (TIEAs) with Switzerland and with Hungary. Follow the link for more.
* Indonesia and Pakistan Signed FTA The governments of Indonesia and Pakistan finally signed a FTA after 10 years of negotiation. Check here for details. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * South Korea and Vietnam to Accelerate Trade Negotions South Korea and Vietnam agreed to conclude a bilateral free trade agreement next year. Please find more here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Bahrain – Closer to ATA Carnet System Bahrain prepares to implement ATA Carnet System. For more information visit the ATA Carnet System.
Armenia will join to the Customs Union led by Russia and block its chances of signing an agreement with the European Union. The EU respects the decision on joining the Customs but ‘two systems are incompatible” . Russia considers it a diplomatic victory. Please follow the link for more.