* Eurostat Regional Yearbook 2014
Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union, published The Regional Yearbook 2014.
——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* International Tourism Up by 5% in the First Half of 2014International tourist arrivals grew by 4.6% in the first half of 2014 according to the latest UNWTO World Tourism Barometer. Destinations worldwide received some 517 million international tourists between January and June 2014, 22 million more than in the same period of 2013.Read more about here.——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* South Africa & Hong Kong – DTA
Hong Kong and South Africa signed a comprehensive double taxation agreement (CDTA).
See more here.
* 11th UNCTAD-OECD Report on G20 Investment Measures
The Report on G20 Investment Measures is a joint report issued periodically by UNCTAD, the OECD and the WTO.
– 11th UNCTAD-OECD Report on G20 Investment Measures
– 11th UNCTAD-OECD-WTO Report on G20 Trade and Investment Measures (Joint Summary)——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* Ecuador: National Green Export Review (NGER)
Ecuador becomes first country to undergo innovative UNCTAD programme to assess ‘green export’ potential.
Read more about it here.
– National Green Export Review
– UNCTAD’s Trade, Environment, Climate Change and Sustainable Development Branch——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* New Zealand Concludes FATCA IGA
New Zealand and US have signed a Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act intergovernmental agreement which will facilitate information exchange under FATCA.
Check here for more.
——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* Canada Confirms South Korean FTA Terms
The Canadian Government has tabled the final text of its Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with South Korea.
See more here.
——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* ICC: Trade Register Report 2014
ICC published the Trade Register Report 2014.
First launched in 2009 by ICC’s Banking Commission, the report is widely recognized as one of the world’s leading analytical reports on global risks for the trade finance industry—identifying risks across a range of trade finance products and markets.
Check here for more.
The WTO’s Annual Report 2014 provides a comprehensive overview of the WTO’s activities over the past year.
The app is freely available from the App Store, Google Play and Amazon.
The PDF can be downloaded from the WTO website.
* China – Extra Free Trade Zones (FTZ)
China will set up a number of new free trade zones to boost foreign trade growth and increase the use of the renminbi.
See more here.
——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* The World’s Biggest Public CompaniesThe Forbes magazine released the 2014 Global 2000. For the first time, China is home to the world’s three biggest companies; it also lands five of the top 10 spots.Check here The 2014 Global 2000.——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* 2014 ICT FiguresInternational Telecommunication Union (ITU) released 2014 ICT figures, please check for some of the most important findings:* fixed-telephone subscriptions continue to decline* mobile-cellular subscriptions to hit nearly 7 billion* growth in fixed-broadband penetration slowing in developing countries* mobile-broadband subscriptions will reach 2.3 billion globally* home internet access approaches saturation levels in developed countries* three billion people will use the Internet by end of 2014The latest ITU statistics are available here.
——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* ICAO 2013 Annual Safety Report
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) released its annual Safety Report for 2013, reflecting very positive global aviation safety outcomes.
Read more here and download The ICAO 2014 Safety Report.
* ICC – Guide to International Franchising
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) has published a practical guide to help business people understand why, how and when to use franchising to expand into new foreign markets.
Check the “Using Franchising to Take Your Business International: ICC Strategies and guidance for master franchising, area development and other arrangements”.——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* US & Singapore – FATCA Agreement
United States and Singapore have initialled the text of an intergovernmental agreement (IGA) to implement the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
Check here for more.
——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* EU & Japan – FTA by 2015
The European Union (EU) and Japan agreed to a one-year review that should lead to the “early conclusion of a highly comprehensive and ambitious” free trade agreement (FTA).
Read more here.
——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* US & Israel – Reach FATCA Agreement
United States and Israel have concluded the text of an intergovernmental agreement (IGA) to implement the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
See more following the link.
——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* USTR Releases Annual Report on Intellectual Property Rights
The Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) has released its annual “Special 301” Report on the adequacy and effectiveness of U.S. trading partners’ protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights (IPR).
Find the Press Release here.
For the first time FAO has released its own global estimates of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from agriculture, forestry and other land use (AFOLU), contributing to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
New FAO estimates of greenhouse gas data show that emissions from agriculture, forestry and fisheries have nearly doubled over the past fifty years and could increase an additional 30 percent by 2050.
Check here and here for more.
* The ICTPR FrameworkUNCTAD has developed a model framework and methodology for conducting information and communications technologies (ICTs) policy reviews: The ICTPR Framework.Find the publication here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* Bilateral FDI StatisticsThe UNCTAD’s Bilateral FDI Statistics provides up-to-date and systematic FDI data for 206 economies around the world, covering inflows (table 1), outflows (table 2), inward stock (table 3) and outward stock (table 4) by region and economy.Read more about following the link.——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* Review of Investor-State Dispute Settlement CasesUNCTAD publishes its annual review of investor-State dispute settlement cases (ISDS).You can download it from here.——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* 2013 Trade StatisticsAccording to UNCTAD and WTO estimates, world merchandise exports grew by 2%, while services trade recorded 5% increase in 2013.For more details, check here.Access to data:
* Labour Force Survey 2013
Eurostat Commission published the EU’s statistics on the labour market for 2013.
Find the report here.
——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* First EU Transport Scoreboard
EU Transport Scoreboard compares Member State performance in 22 transport-relevant categories.
Check the EU Transport Scoreboard.
Please find the related Memo and the Press release.