Archive for category Restrictions, Sanctions & Embargos
Iran – The Economic Sanctions Have Been Lifted
Posted by Bogdan Marius Beleuz in Energy & Natural Resources, Geopolitical Issues, Globalization Challenges, More Trade News in Brief, Restrictions, Sanctions & Embargos on January 20, 2016
January 16th, 2016
Crippling economic sanctions on Iran have been lifted now that the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has certified that it has restricted its sensitive nuclear activities.
The Iran nuclear deal framework was a preliminary framework agreement reached in 2015 between the Islamic Republic of Iran and a group of world powers: the P5+1 (the permanent members of the United Nations Security Council–the United States, the United Kingdom, Russia, France, and China plus Germany), plus the European Union.
Read more here.
Iran & 6 Major Powers Reach Nuclear Deal
Iran and six major powers agreed early Sunday on a historic deal that freezes key parts of Iran’s nuclear program in exchange for temporary relief on some economic sanctions.
Check here for more.
More Trade News in Brief Week 51 (15 – 21 Dicember 2014)
Posted by Bogdan Marius Beleuz in Banking System, Financial & Investment Markets, Financial Transactions, Geopolitical Issues, International Trading, Law & Legislation, More Trade News in Brief, Reports & Analysis, Restrictions, Sanctions & Embargos, Statistics, Reports & Analysis on December 20, 2014
* US and Cuba to Normalize Relations
The leaders of the United States and Cuba agreed to restore full diplomatic relations between the two countries.
Check here for more.
* Russia to Launch Alternative to SWIFT Bank Transaction System
Russia plans to launch its own international inter-bank system by May 2015. The national payment system department of the Central Bank of Russia (CBR) will be in charge of the new project.
Find more here.
* The 2014 edition of the World Intellectual Property Indicators
WIPO’s World Intellectual Property Indicators 2014 provides a wide range of indicators covering the following areas of intellectual property: patents, utility models, trademarks, industrial designs, microorganisms and plant variety protection.
It draws on data from national and regional IP offices, WIPO and the World Bank.
* World Economic Situation and Prospects 2015 (WESP) Report
The UN World Economic Situation and Prospects 2015 (WESP) report, which was launched today, estimates growth in 2015 of 3.1 per cent and in 2016 of 3.3 per cent.
Read more about it here.
News from OECD
Posted by Bogdan Marius Beleuz in Corporate Business & Management, E-commerce & Digital Markets, Geopolitical Issues, Global Financial System, Globalization Challenges, International Trading Rules & Policies, Labour & Employment, More Trade News in Brief, Restrictions, Sanctions & Embargos on May 9, 2014
Posted by Bogdan Marius Beleuz in European Union Issues, Geopolitical Issues, Globalization Challenges, Restrictions, Sanctions & Embargos on March 21, 2014
Rapid Trident military exercises have been held annually on the territory of Ukraine for a number of years. Ukraine has a partner relationship with NATO but is not officially a member.Read more here or search over the internet.
More Trade News in Brief Week 44 (28 October – 3 November 2013)
——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* Global Investment Trends Monitor UNCTAD published the Global Investment Trends Monitor. Check for findings and details here.
Iran Hopes to Join BRICS Group
Posted by Bogdan Marius Beleuz in Geopolitical Issues, Restrictions, Sanctions & Embargos on October 15, 2013
More Trade News in Brief Week 25 (17 – 23 June 2013)
– Canada the only G20 country in top 20 for openness to trade
– BRICS countries lagging due to restrictive trade policies Check here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * China and Taiwan Sign Service Trade Agreement (STA) According to the agreement signed between Chinese mainland and Taiwan, the mainland will open 80 service sectors to Taiwan, while Taiwan will open 64 sectors to the mainland. Check here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * International Standard Banking Practice (ISBP) 2013 The revised 2013 guide published by ICC details banking practices to be applied when dealing with documentary credits that are subject to Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits (UCP 600). Kindly follow the link for more.