Archive for category Labour & Employment
The new report entitled “Global Wage Report 2012/13: Wages and Equitable Growth” from International Labor Organization (ILO) includes global and regional wage trends and statistics, as well as policy recommendations. Enjoy optimal reading experience of the Global Wage Report with any of these formats:
- Full report (printable PDF)
- Summary (PDF)
- EPUB (2.5 MB, for all eReaders)
- Enhanced EPUB (with embedded videos, 77 MB, for eReaders supporting EPUB3)
26 November 2012, Brussels European Commission adopted the modernization and improving of the EURES, (the pan-European jobseeker mobility network). EURES is a cooperation network between the European Commission and the public employment services of the European Economic Area (EEA) Member States (the EU Member States plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) and other partner organisations. Switzerland also takes part in EURES cooperation. Kindly find more following the next links: Press release and Memo.
28 November 2012 Eurostat published a report comparing demographic, economic and social trends among the G-20 members. ”The EU in the world 2013 – a statistical portrait” is available on the Eurostat website following the next link.
20 November 2012, Brussels/Strasbourg Europe believe that it needs a radical rethink on how education and training systems: the youth unemployment rate is close to 23% BUT at the same time there are more than 2 million vacancies that cannot be filled. Some of the ”Rethinking Education” issues presented in brief: – A much stronger focus on developing transversal skills and basic skills, especially to entrepreneurial and IT skills. – A new benchmark on foreign language learning. – Investment in world-class vocational education and training systems and increase levels of work-based learning. – Member States need to improve the recognition of qualifications and skills – Technology, in particular the internet, must be fully exploited. Please read more here.
19 November 2012, Brussels The EU’s Commission of the Eurydice Network advice in a report that schools need to include in their curriculum the teaching of IT, entrepreneurial and citizenship skills and the main goal of the education must be the developing of critical thinking and active participation in school and society. Check here for more details.
* New ISO/IEC Standard for Credible Digital Evidence 15 November 2012 The new ISO/IEC International Standard will ensure, in court cases and legal disputes, the reliability and credibility of digital evidence. The new standard, ISO/IEC 27037:2012, Information technology – Security techniques – Guidelines for identification, collection, acquisition, and preservation of digital evidence is available here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————————
* ILO names Five Countries with Serious Violations of Freedom of Association15 November 2012, Geneva Argentina, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Fiji and Peru were singled out by the Committee on Freedom of Association of the UN International Labour Organization (ILO) after in the named countries appears cases concerning employers’ and trade unions’ rights to organize. Please read more here.
11 September 2012, Paris The OECD’s published its annual report “Education at a Glance” which is the leading international compendium of comparable national statistics measuring the state of education worldwide. The report analyses the education systems of the 34 OECD member countries, as well as those of Argentina, Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia, Saudi Arabia and South Africa. More here.
21 August 2012 The International Maritime Organisation (IMO) has announced that the minimum number of ratifications has being achieved to bring the International Labour Organisation’s Maritime Labour Convention (ILO’s MLC) into force in 12 months’ time. For further information please follow the link.
* EU and Angola Sign a New Cooperation Agreement 24 July 2012, Brussels The new cooperation agreement, entitled “Joint Way Forward Angola – European Union”, cover several areas, including peace and security, economic growth and sustainable development, good governance and human rights, energy, transport, environment, science and technology, and education. Please find more following the link. ———————————————————————————————————————————————–———– * Updated ISO/IEC 17024 Standard 24 July 2012 “ISO/IEC 17024:2012, Conformity assessment – General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons” guides organizations, that certify individuals in a variety of occupations and professions, protect the integrity and ensure the validity of individual certification programmes. More here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————–———– * The Republic of South Sudan is the 178th Member of WCO 18 July 2012, Brussels WCO have now 178 members after the Republic of South Sudan deposited with the Belgian Government its instrument of accession to the Convention establishing a Customs Co-operation Council. ———————————————————————————————————————————————–———– * CIS Countries Access to Customs Union The board chairman of the Eurasian Economic Commission Viktor Khristenko announced that the CIS countries will be able to join the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union (of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan) to have smooth and quick access to the three states’ single market.
* US to Cooperate With Switzerland & Japan On FATCA 25 June 2012, Washington After the agreements reached with France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK, US is pursuing the implementation of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) with Switzerland and Japan. More here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————–———– * UNCTAD & WIPO Start Regular Consultation 25 June 2012 The United Nation Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) have decided to establish of a regular consultation mechanism between the two organizations to strengthen consultation and coordination on issues of mutual interest. Further information here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————–———– * OECD – International Migration Outlook 2012 27 June 2012 OECD published the International Migration Outlook 2012 which provide an analysis of recent developments in migration movements and policies in OECD countries. More here. ———————————————————————————————————————————————–———– * ICC Publishes Banking Commission Official Opinions 28 June 2012, Paris The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) published the volume “Banking Commission Official Opinions” on regard of the impact and isuues related to the latest ICC rules on documentary credits, collections and demand guarantees in daily practice. For further information please click here.