Archive for category Financial Transactions
* Trade developments in 2013-2015 WTO published a work paper on the state of the world economy and trade in 2013 and previsions for 2014-2015. Download this press release. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * ISO’s 2013 Annual Report International Organization for Standardization (ISO) published its 2013 report including themes like: financial statements, ISO key figures for 2013, an updated interactive map featuring our members and their participation in technical work and a fold-out leaflet. Discover ISO’s Annual Report 2013. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Malta & Moldova Sign DTA Malta and Moldova sign a dual taxation treaty (DTT). Click here more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Belgium: FATCA Deal With US Belgium and the US will sign an intergovernmental agreement (IGA) in Brussels on April 23 for the implementation of the US Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA). See more about following the link.
* The ICTPR Framework UNCTAD has developed a model framework and methodology for conducting information and communications technologies (ICTs) policy reviews: The ICTPR Framework. Find the publication here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Bilateral FDI Statistics The UNCTAD’s Bilateral FDI Statistics provides up-to-date and systematic FDI data for 206 economies around the world, covering inflows (table 1), outflows (table 2), inward stock (table 3) and outward stock (table 4) by region and economy. Read more about following the link. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Review of Investor-State Dispute Settlement Cases UNCTAD publishes its annual review of investor-State dispute settlement cases (ISDS). You can download it from here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * 2013 Trade Statistics According to UNCTAD and WTO estimates, world merchandise exports grew by 2%, while services trade recorded 5% increase in 2013. For more details, check here. Access to data:
- Volume index and growth rates of merchandise exports and imports, quarterly, Q1 2005-Q4 2013
- Values and shares of merchandise exports and imports, annual, 1948-2013
- Merchandise trade balance, annual, 1948-2013
- Value growth rates of merchandise exports and imports, annual, 1950-2013
- Value, shares and growth of services exports and imports by service-category, annual, 1980-2013
- Values, shares and growth of exports and imports of total services, annual, 1980-2013
* Barbados and US Started FATCA Talks Barbados and US have agreed to start negotiations with respect to an Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) that will give effect in Barbados to the provisions of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA). See more about here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Guernsey & Seychelles Sign DTA Guernsey and Seychelles signed a double taxation agreement (DTA) between their countries. See more details here.
The Tax Justice Network (TJN) published the Financial Secrecy Index – 2013 Results. The Tax Justice Network (TJN) is an advocacy group consisting of a coalition of researchers and activists with a shared concern about what they argue are the harmful impacts of tax avoidance, tax competition and tax havens. Please find the index here. Read more about the Tax Justice Network (TJN) and Financial Secrecy Index.
* OECD: Global Economy Recovering at Moderate Pace On the last Economic Outlook, OECD concluded that the global economy is expected to continue expanding at a moderate pace. Read more following the link. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Liechtenstein & Isle of Man Sign OECD Multilateral Tax Convention Liechtenstein & Isle of Man join the Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters, a multilateral agreement initiated by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and Council of Europe to tackle tax evasion and avoidance between its signatories. Check here and here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Canada & NZ Ratify Multilateral Tax Convention Canada and New Zealand have ratified the multilateral Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters. Please follow the link for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * WTO – No Global Trade DealEven the WTO’s members have come “very close to fully agreed texts”, the negotiations on the first global trade deal in the organization’s history come to a dead end.
Read more here.
* EU Extend Sanctions to Belarus The European Union has extended its sanctions against Belarus by another 12 months. Check here for more.
——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* Global Investment Trends Monitor UNCTAD published the Global Investment Trends Monitor. Check for findings and details here.
* ICC – Drafting and Negotiating ICC has published a practical guide to drafting and negotiating international commercial contracts. Kindly follow the link for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Gambia Pulls Out of Commonwealth Gambia has withdrawn from the British Commonwealth. Please check here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Revised ISO/IEC 27001 ISO published the revised standard of information security management system ISO/IEC 27001. Kindly check here and here for more details.