Archive for category Banking System
New DTA Protocols
Switzerland has signed protocols to its double taxation agreements (DTAs) with Norway and Albania.
See more following the link.
EFTA and Georgia Start FTA Talks
The member states of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and Georgia held a first round of negotiations towards a free trade agreement (FTA).
Check for more here.
New Zealand Seeks Signature of Gulf FTA
New Zealand is looking for a free trade agreement with the Gulf States.
Check for more here.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is an international financial institution proposed by the government of China.
At least 47 countries and territories from five continents have applied to join the Beijing-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank as founding members.
Sweden and Kyrgyzstan were among the last to apply before the deadline, 31 March 2015, adding further weight to the regional financing body, which has seen its influence grow even before it officially starts operation.
Check here for more.
Posted by Bogdan Marius Beleuz in Banking System, Financial & Investment Markets, Financial Transactions, Geopolitical Issues, International Trading, Law & Legislation, More Trade News in Brief, Reports & Analysis, Restrictions, Sanctions & Embargos, Statistics, Reports & Analysis on December 20, 2014
* US and Cuba to Normalize Relations
The leaders of the United States and Cuba agreed to restore full diplomatic relations between the two countries.
Check here for more.
* Russia to Launch Alternative to SWIFT Bank Transaction System
Russia plans to launch its own international inter-bank system by May 2015. The national payment system department of the Central Bank of Russia (CBR) will be in charge of the new project.
Find more here.
* The 2014 edition of the World Intellectual Property Indicators
WIPO’s World Intellectual Property Indicators 2014 provides a wide range of indicators covering the following areas of intellectual property: patents, utility models, trademarks, industrial designs, microorganisms and plant variety protection.
It draws on data from national and regional IP offices, WIPO and the World Bank.
* World Economic Situation and Prospects 2015 (WESP) Report
The UN World Economic Situation and Prospects 2015 (WESP) report, which was launched today, estimates growth in 2015 of 3.1 per cent and in 2016 of 3.3 per cent.
Read more about it here.
Posted by Bogdan Marius Beleuz in Agriculture & Food Security, Auditing & Accounting, Banking System, Energy & Natural Resources, Geopolitical Issues, Global Financial System, Global Tax Agreements, Globalization Challenges, International Trading, More Trade News in Brief, Statistics, Reports & Analysis, Sustainable Development on November 9, 2014
——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* WTO Report Says Restrictive Trade Measures Continue to Rise in G-20 Economies Restrictive trade measures introduced by G-20 economies since 2008 continue to rise, according to the latest WTO report on recent trade developments issued on 6 November 2014. > WTO Report on G-20 Trade Measures (mid-May 2014 to mid-October 2014) > Summary and Status of G-20 trade and trade-related measures since October 2008 (Excel Format) > OECD/UNCTAD Report on G-20 Investment Measures
- The United States has the third highest general top marginal corporate income tax rate in the world at 39.1 percent, exceeded only by Chad and the United Arab Emirates.
- The worldwide average top corporate income tax rate is 22.6 percent (30.6 percent weighted by GDP).
- By region, Europe has the lowest average corporate tax rate at 18.6 percent (26.3 percent weighted by GDP); Africa has the highest average tax rate at 29.1 percent.
- Larger, more industrialized countries tend to have higher corporate income tax rates than developing countries.
- The worldwide (simple) average top corporate tax rate has declined over the past decade from 29.5 percent to 22.6 percent.
- Every region in the world has seen a decline in their average corporate tax rate in the past decade.
——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* New Global Innovation Index ICC launched the 7th edition Global Innovation Index 2014 (GII). New Global Innovation Index recognizes innovation as a driver of economic growth, read more here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–—
* Guide on Effective Management of Arbitration The ICC guide “Effective Management of Arbitration: A Guide for In-House Counsel and Other Party Representatives” provides a practical toolkit for in-house counsel all around the world. Check here for more.
* Supervisory Framework for Measuring and Controlling Large Exposures Bank for International Settlements (BIS) sets out a supervisory framework for measuring and controlling large exposures. The framework is scheduled to take effect from 1 January 2019. Check here for more.