Archive for October, 2013
* CIS Moves Forward In the last CIS Summit, leaders of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia called Georgia to rejoin the Commonwealth of Independent States. They also supported aspirations from Armenia and Kyrgyzstan to join and proposed allowing Turkey and possibly also Syria to join the Customs Union. Check here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Guernsey Sign Tax IGAs with UK Guernsey is the second country, after Jersey, which signed an inter-governmental agreement with UK. Follow the link for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Ukraine Joins Global Forum on Tax Transparency Ukraine has become a member of the Global Forum on Transparency and Exchange of Information for Tax Purposes created by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). Click here for details.
* Latvia – OECD Membership The 34 OECD Members have approved a Roadmap to accession for Latvia. Check here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Switzerland Signs Multilateral Convention on Tax Matters Switzerland has become the 58th country to sign the Multilateral Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters. Follow the link for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Isle Of Man First To Sign UK FATCA-Style Agreement The Isle of Man signed an agreement with the United Kingdom extending the automatic disclosure of tax information. Read more here.
15 October, Luxembourg ECOFIN approved legislation setting up the Single Supervisory Mechanism and discuss steps towards to Banking Union. Please following the link for more details.
Iran is looking to joint BRICS and contribute to its reserve fund. Iran is searching an alternative to subvert US-imposed sanctions. Check here for more.
* ICC – Drafting and Negotiating ICC has published a practical guide to drafting and negotiating international commercial contracts. Kindly follow the link for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Gambia Pulls Out of Commonwealth Gambia has withdrawn from the British Commonwealth. Please check here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Revised ISO/IEC 27001 ISO published the revised standard of information security management system ISO/IEC 27001. Kindly check here and here for more details.
* EU – Barriers Restricting Access to Regulated Professions The European Commission announced the start of an evaluation of national regulations on access to professions across Europe. Check here for more. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * EU & Arab Maghreb Union The first informal political dialogue between countries of the Arab Maghreb Union (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Mauritania and Libya) and the EU to discuss developments in the region has been hold . Read more following the link.
* ICAO – Agreement on Global Aviation Emissions Deal The UN Assembly responsible for International Civil Aviation (ICAO) decided on a global mechanism to tackle emissions from aviation that can start in 2020. Check more about the global market-based measure (MBM) for international aviation here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * Liechtenstein & Malta Sign DTA Liechtenstein and Malta signed in New York a bilateral double taxation agreement (DTA). Please follow the link for more.