Posted by Bogdan Marius Beleuz in Corporate Business & Management, European Union Issues, Fiscality, Auditing & Accounting, Geopolitical Issues, Global Financial System, Global Tax Agreements, Globalization Challenges, International Trading, More Trade News in Brief, Reports & Analysis, Statistics, Reports & Analysis on October 20, 2014
- ensure the coherence of corporate income taxation at the international level, through new model tax and treaty provisions to neutralise hybrid mismatch arrangements (Action 2);
- realign taxation and relevant substance to restore the intended benefits of international standards and to prevent the abuse of tax treaties (Action 6);
- assure that transfer pricing outcomes are in line with value creation, through actions to address transfer pricing issues in the key area of intangibles (Action 8);
- improve transparency for tax administrations and increase certainty and predictability for taxpayers through improved transfer pricing documentation and a template for country-by-country reporting (Action 13);
- address the challenges of the digital economy (Action 1);
- facilitate swift implementation of the BEPS actions through a report on the feasibility of developing a multilateral instrument to amend bilateral tax treaties (Action 15); and
- counter harmful tax practices (Action 5).
- The United States has the third highest general top marginal corporate income tax rate in the world at 39.1 percent, exceeded only by Chad and the United Arab Emirates.
- The worldwide average top corporate income tax rate is 22.6 percent (30.6 percent weighted by GDP).
- By region, Europe has the lowest average corporate tax rate at 18.6 percent (26.3 percent weighted by GDP); Africa has the highest average tax rate at 29.1 percent.
- Larger, more industrialized countries tend to have higher corporate income tax rates than developing countries.
- The worldwide (simple) average top corporate tax rate has declined over the past decade from 29.5 percent to 22.6 percent.
- Every region in the world has seen a decline in their average corporate tax rate in the past decade.
——————————————————————————————————————————————–—* New Global Innovation Index ICC launched the 7th edition Global Innovation Index 2014 (GII). New Global Innovation Index recognizes innovation as a driver of economic growth, read more here. ——————————————————————————————————————————————–—
* Guide on Effective Management of Arbitration The ICC guide “Effective Management of Arbitration: A Guide for In-House Counsel and Other Party Representatives” provides a practical toolkit for in-house counsel all around the world. Check here for more.
The 6th BRICS Summit will be held in Fortaleza, Brazil between 15 and 17 July. South Africa achieved full membership in December 2010 and, this year, the invited guest is Argentina.
Check the official website.
——————————————————————————————————————————————–— * EU – Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) The European Commission has today adopted two communications – an Action Plan to address infringements of intellectual property rights in the EU and a Strategy for the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights (IPR) in third countries. Read more about it here.